Books about Todmorden and Walsden by John Travis
These are pdf files of John Travis's books. Click a link to download one. A suitable free pdf reader is Foxit Reader.
The books are fully searchable and each includes an index of places, people, occupations and other points of interest.
Most of the places mentioned are included in the Gazetteer of Lancashire and Yorkshire.
John Travis, 1822-1912, local historian
- The Barker Families of Kilnspring, Knowlwood-bottom, etc
- Fielden Families of Walsden and Stansfield
- Genealogical Memorials of the Barker Families of Priestwell, Swan, Millwood and Gauxholme, etc
- Genealogical Memorials of the Barkers of Edge End, Hanging Shaw, etc
- Genealogical Memorials of the "Butch" or Butcher Family of Sutcliffes
- Genealogical Memorials of the Fieldens of Walsden and Todmorden
- Genealogical Memorials of the Lord Family, once of Pexes, etc.
- Genealogical Memorials of the Sutcliffe Families, of The Shaw, Langfield, etc
- Genealogical Memorials of the Travis Family of Blackley, etc
- Genealogy of the Ratcliffe (or Radcliffe) Family, of Hazelgreave and Woodfield Farms, etc
- Local Historical Notes and Personal Reminiscences
- Memorials of the Barker Families, of East Whirlaw, etc
- Notes (Historical and Biographical) Mainly of Todmorden and District
- Round About Todmorden and its Hills and Dales, etc
- Some Old Walsden Families
- Todmorden: Its Churches; and Other Matters Connected Therewith
- Walsden Families in Olden Times